Tuesday, October 26, 2010

End of the Season





Well it seems that we have finally run out of sunshine here in the Pacific North West. Fortunately for me I managed to bag a whole whack of last minute epics, though not quit as many as I wanted.
My goals were large and perhaps a bit lofty. Once one begins to cast about, one sees that there is a big epic or a triple crown around every corner and the question then begs, what do we do annually and what do we simply add to the completed bucket list (more on the bucket list coming).




Seasonly we are going into ski season and I love cross training, running, yoga, snowshoeing and swimming, but it's hard to focus on that when I haven't spent all my summer smiles.
A few weeks ago we shot some great photo's in the Squamish area, and it was truly the last time the alpine will be open until May or June next year. It's like hunting season, you go when the time is right, or for all you powder hounds "no friends on powder days, eh"!

So it is with a final farewell wave that we put our summer shorts away and dig out our speedo's, skis and yoga mats. This doesn't mean the riding is over, but the 'hero dirt' the warm summer weather and the post ride hang out in sweaty gear, that's over.

I hope you got all your hurrah's in and are looking forward to a well structured build to your next season; whether it be ski, board, mtb or road bike, make a plan and enjoy the changing of the seasons.

I myself have overbooked my winter with a Ride Guide episode in Chile, a training camp with Ryder H in Maui and the Trans Andes in January. No rest for the wicked, and likely not too many turns on the ski's but all that remains to be seen. For now the rain is forcing me to cross-train, think about the summer past and plan for the summer future, change up the muscles, rest the mind and spend some well deserved time with the family.

Training Camp - http://www.mauicyclingcamps.com

Get er done

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're overbookedness is truly EPIC! What dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete